- Reduction of the training period for new sales employees
- Minimization of the loss of know-how due to the loss of a long-standing sales employee cost containment
- Centralized product knowledge through transfer of product knowledge into software
- Optimized and accelerated sales processes through increased standardization and automation
- Reduction of product complexity
CPQ in the Age of Industry 4.0
Over the years, however, many CPQ systems have not only limited themselves to pure product configuration, price calculation and quotation preparation – they have been further developed in many directions, e.g. speedmaxx from ACATEC. This CPQ system extends the process chain described above right through to production. This is done, for example, by connecting the customer`s entire data processing landscape (ERP, PDM, CAD etc.).
The classic product configurator closes the gap between sales and production. Thus, an order including production data can be created from an offer without loss of resources. Especially with regard to Industry 4.0, a clear gain in quality and time.
Thus, the complete process chain from sales/end customer to production can be covered.